What you need:
- SQLite viewer – can be downloaded free, just Google “portable sqlite viewer”
Backup the “Steam\userdata\[yourID]\239820\remote” folder so that you have a backup, in case things go wrong.
Step by step guide
Here we will replace the slot_auto save. Make sure the one you wish to replace matches. For example slot_auto from original to slot_auto new one.
- Open your old savegame file with the SQLite viewer. It is a file called “file__0.localstorage” which is located in:
“C:\Users\LOGGED IN USER\AppData\Local\Game Dev Tycoon\Local Storage“
- Locate slot_auto in the sqllite viewer.
- Double click the value opening the data and copy all the data from top to bottom.
- Go to:
- Open slot_auto with a text editor.
- Select all inside, paste over the data from the old slot_auto that you copied from file__0.localstorage.
- Save the file.
- Find Game Dev Tycoon in the Steam application.
- Right click on it and choose properties.
- Click updates, and uncheck cloud synchronization.
- Launch Game Dev Tycoon via steam, load your save game.
- If all went well, you should be greeted with:
“Updated VersionThis save game has been imported from an older version of Game Dev Tycoon. We have re-balanced the game, added new consoles, increased the storyline (runs for 35 years) and added a couple new features. You should be able to continue this save game without issues but if you want to get the full re-worked experience, please consider started a new game.“
Credits to jlamanna83 from the Greenheartgames forums for providing this useful guide.
To use cheats in Sim City 5, you must play in a Sandbox region.
Use the following commands while in-game:
ALT+W - Add §100,000 to City Budget
ALT+F - Toggle Fire On/Off
ALT+C - Toggle Crime On/Off
ALT+M - Toggle Health Issues On/Off
ALT+A - Toggle Air Pollution On/Off
ALT+P - Toggle Ground Pollution On/Off
ALT+H - Toggle Homeless Sims On/Off
ALT+S - Toggle Sewage On/Off
Pressing CTRL-SHIFT-C no longer shows cheats.
I had a problem with no sound in Minecraft. It was very hard for me to find the solution on the internet, so I will post how I did here. This might work for you if your game crashes when you try to enable sound in game.
1. Download OpenAL from CreativeLabs
2. Go to Minecraft folder, press Start > Run and type in %appdata%/.minecraft/
3. Open bin > natives and delete the OpenAL32.dll file, also delete the other OpenAL64.dll (i think) file, just to be sure.
4. Go to C:/Windows/System32 and copy the OpenAL32.dll from System32 folder to %appdata%/.minecraft/bin/natives/
5. Now you have replaced the Minecraft OpenAL32.dll with the new OpenAL32.dll, open Minecraft and go to options and enable sound. This should work now. :-)
For more good Minecraft guides, head over to Minecraft XL.
Previously I posted the solution to some of the levels in SimplePhysics (iPhone game). The game has been updated with new levels since, and I can now present my solutions to all of the levels (including Windy City this time).
SimplePhysics is a game, where you have to construct blueprints for structures that have to deal with different stress tests.
Here is the walkthrough to all of the levels that were there when this post was made. Please note that future solutions to new maps, will most likely not be updated as I don’t play the game anymore.
These solutions worked for me, when i made them. If they don’t work for you, either you are making it wrong, or the game may has been updated so the solutions don’t work anymore. There could be other explanations for why it does not work you… :)
2 story tree house
People are complaining that especially Windy City is not working, well again, it worked for me when I took this screenshot. :)
This post is dedicated to the Apple iPhone game SimplePhysics. If you are stuck in one of the levels, look at the blueprints below and get inspired.
Tree House completion blueprint
Snowy roof completion blueprint
Ferris wheel completion blueprint