If you haven’t already bought an SSD for your system disk, you should. The speed is incredible!
I found a very good guide from Toms Hardware, this guide helps you tweak your SSD performance and also free up some precious space.
This is what the guide recommends:
- Verify the SATA controller is set to AHCI Mode and Trim is enabled.
- Disable System Restore
- Disable drive indexing
- Disable the page file (careful with this)
- Disable Hibernation
- Disable prefetching in the registry
- Disable Windows’ write caching
- Disable the SuperFetch and Windows Search services
- Disable ClearPageFileAtShutdown and LargeSystemCache
- Adjust power settings